2012/03/27

Intro

Introduction

Hello there, potential reader. I figured i should introduce myself properly, because after all this blog is about personal observations, ramblings and opinions on art, art-making and stuff in general, so knowing some more about me could make my posts look a bit more meaningful or interesting than they are.

So, here we go. My name is Stamen Kisselkov, in my mid-twenties, trained and schooled in fine arts, mainly representational drawing and painting, the oldschool way, brushes and stuff, portraying naked people, vases, dressed people, flowers in vases...you get the picture. I don't really know if it would be interesting to tell you how I got into arts, because frankly I don't know too, it just happened so naturally. Since I can remember, I always drew, and what's more important, i was always better than my peers at it, so i didn't ever thought about doing something else. Maybe the fact that I was surrounded by books about painting and painters all my life wasn't detrimental, either. My mother is an art historian, go figure...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm really passionate about what I do, it's not like I paint and go "..yeah, whatever, dude, go with the flow and stuff.." In fact most of the people around me don't like to talk about art with me, because I always have a strong opinion about those things.(Yeah, I'm THAT cool)

Seriously, though, art is something special. The creative drive that pushes you to the limit, the satisfaction you get when something goes the right way, the pleasure of seeing a good artwork..thats the good stuff, that drives me, and fellow artists I suppose, forward, trough hardships and tough times. Sounds a bit cheesy, but it's true. Ok, I won't tell you that I think art is really important in everybody's life, and how I believes it is to the soul what food is to the stomach.

Well, that's enough about me, now go and eat some nice pictures and music!

No comments:

Post a Comment