2014/09/11

Work in progress




Bumble bee

Here you can see a few stages of my work in progress. This one is called "Bumblebee" and it is a part of the series of drawings called "Automatons". It represents my fascination from the aesthetics of steampunk gadgets, machinery, all kinds of fictional machines and retro-futuristic inventions. 
Did you know that if all the bees disappear from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live, according to Einstein.



After the  pencil drawing I spill over a lot of coffee over the paper, that's how I achieve such an old look of the surface of the paper.




I'm using different colors of pens and watercolor pencils. At the end, the sheet needs a little bit of ironing.




I really like the vintage looking surface of the drawing and the rusty steel details in the machine.
At a closer look you can see a lot of scratches and marks, although the paper was ironed






available ot etsy:

No comments:

Post a Comment